Back to School Information

Page down for information on Where to Go

Join Immunize Nevada and our partners at our Give Kids a Boost Events!

Community organizations will be offering free or low-cost health and safety services, including immunizations based on eligibility for children ages 4-18.
Bring the family and don't forget to bring your child's immunization record!

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Neil Road Recreation Center
3925 Neil Road, Reno, NV 89502
10:00am - 2:00pm

Las Vegas, Hosted by the Southern Nevada Health District
Saturday, August 11, 2018

Southern Nevada Health District
280 S Decatur Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89107
9:00am - 1:00pm

Thank you to our sponsors for helping keep Nevada kids healthy!






What immunizations are required?

Kindergartners and other children enrolling in a Nevada school for the first time must provide schools with an official Immunization Record showing that the child has received the required number of doses of:
• Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTap)
• Polio (IPV)
• Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)
• Hepatitis A
• Hepatitis B
• Varicella (Chicken Pox)

Students entering 7th Grade must have been vaccinated against Pertussis, also known as Whooping Cough with the Tetanus, Diphtheria and Acellular Pertussis (Tdap) vaccine; and effective July 1, 2017, against Neisseria meningitidis (meningitis) in the form of a quadrivalent meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MenACWY).

A flu vaccine is recommended annually for 6 months and older, and 11-12 year olds are also recommended to receive the HPV vaccine.

Vaccine Information Statement (VIS)

Meningococcal (MenACWY) vaccine: English | Spanish

Tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccine: English | Spanish

For all other vaccines, click here

Where can I go?

Visit your healthcare provider.

Make an appointment now and avoid the back to school rush. Check with your health insurance for providers near you. If you do not have insurance, visit to find one in your zip code.

Contact your local health department or community health nurse.

Local health departments and community health clinics offer immunizations by appointment and/or walk-in hours. Contact for location specific information:
Washoe County:  (775) 328-2402
Carson City:  (775) 887-2195
Douglas County:  (775) 782-9038
Clark County: (702) 759-0850
Community Health Clinics: (775) 687-5162

Visit your local pharmacy. can help find a location near your zip code. Most pharmacies take insurance and vaccinate school aged children; call first for hours and vaccines available.

Visit a community event.

Our calendar lists community events with low or no cost vaccines and is updated weekly

Are you worried about the cost?

The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires most insurance plans to cover the cost of all recommended vaccines (including seasonal flu) without charging a deductible, copayment or coinsurance. Most are no cost as long as they are administered by an “in-network” provider. Visit for health coverage information. 

Children younger than 19 years of age qualify for the Nevada Vaccines for Children (VFC) program if they are Medicaid-eligible, American Indian or Alaska Native or are without health insurance. “Underinsured” children who have health insurance that does not cover vaccination can receive VFC vaccines through Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) or Rural Health Centers.

For more information on where to receive immunizations, visit our “Where To Go” Page.

What should I bring?

If you have health insurance (including Nevada Check Up or Medicaid), be sure to bring your insurance card.

For any clinic, bring a copy of your child’s immunization records. A few options for locating records:
• Bring any existing paper records into a clinic for assistance.
• Visit to look up records in WebIZ, Nevada’s Immunization Information System. If it’s your first time using the system, you might have to call the help desk at 877-689-3249.
• If you moved from another state, you may be able to look records up in their immunization record system. A list can be found here
• Check with your child’s current or past healthcare provider to see if they have records on file.